I am (attempting) the 52 Hike Challenge 2018! Whilst there is an official page for the challenge, it is essentially something anyone can start at any time, make their own rules for, etc. For myself, the aim of the game is to complete 52 hikes across 2018. I am allowing myself to repeat hikes if needed, and will count some ‘urban’ hikes and trail runs as well.
As a bit of additional accountability, I am going to list the hikes I have completed throughout the year on this page, with a link to the relevant blog post, where applicable. I will also be posting every hike on Instagram because I am a #millennial.
Most of my hikes are around the Melbourne area and regional Victoria, Australia. If you are doing the challenge I would love to see how you are going as well!
- Northern Range Circuit, Young Yangs Regional Park (13km)
- Point Nepean National Park (8km – trail run)
- Ted Errey Nature Circuit, Brisbane Ranges National Park (8km)
- Sugarloaf Reservoir and Christmas Hills Circuit (15km)
- Summit Walk, Mount Buller (5km)
- Mount Buller to Mount Stirling return via Cornmill and Howqua Hut (16km)
- George Bass Coastal Trail, Punchbowl Coastal Reserve (8km – trail run)
- Murrindindi River Walk and Wilhelmina Falls, Murrindindi Scenic Reserve (15km)
- Yarra Trails (5km – trail run)